Neal Adams, is a man who knows what it’s like to believe something that’s… against the prevailing wisdom. From the origins of the Earth, to whether or not Batman: Odyssey is a good comic. This weekend he read Frank Miller’s comments about Occupy Wall Street and wanted to put them in context. He writes for Bleeding Cool;
They close the door behind them. The real question is: how do the heroes get to the monsters?
This is the problem of protestors and it had better be taken seriously.
There is a reason for Socialism…as the French know very well.
We know the reasons for the success of Capitalism. Individual initiative garners millions and billions but at the sacrifice of people.
I was talking today to others about the plan for the middle class people to share space with the temporary homeless until they get on their feet.
It never occurred to me, in that conversation, to solicit the rich to provide temporary housing and relief.
We all, Frank Miller included, contribute to the HERO Initiative to help those in our industry, so we all know our hearts are in the right place.
It’s the frustration. The frustration that brought us the shanty towns of the Great Depression. It’s the frustration that makes people live in their cars because they can’t pay the rent…driven up by greed and incredibly high property taxes…which pay city employers who provide nearly no value for their unnecessary jobs who could do useful work.
It’s a cycle of the rich. That is the END POCKET.
At the same time the American Government allows and encourages American companies to ship work overseas and South of the border.
This, at the sacrifice of the American worker, and the out of Country. The American Government could have required American companies to pay minimum wage to out of country employees. They had the right to do that! The minimum wage law was created for the protection of American workers from UNFAIR COMPETITION.
And now the companies have found a loophole. UNFAIR COMPETITION from the workers of other countries.
Had American insisted on minimum wage:
1. Minimum wage is not enough for American workers but it would stop HALF the jobs from leaving.
2. Minimum wage in…oooh…Mexico, for example, would get a Mexican worker his own house, educate his children THROUGH college and would solve the illegal immigration problem overnight!
3. It would instill competition for jobs worldwide and cause other countries to compete for more skilled workers.
Does the protection for workers in America and around the world seem un-American in any way? It didn’t when we established minimum wage as a law. Not to do so is moving backward and putting money in the pockets of the rich.
This is a powerful example of the frustration of all those people want to “reclaim America.”
Some say America doesn’t need to be reclaimed. I say it does and I think everyone thinks it does. Time for thinking.
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017
- Firefly Fans Represent In Anti-Trump Women’s March In Chicago… - January 21, 2017
- Is Nick Spencer Suited To Write Captain America If He Opposes Punching Nazis? We Asked Captain America In 1982 - January 21, 2017