MillionWatch: DC Universe Online had attracted a million new players after going free online.
“DC Universe Online’s transition to free-to-play has been welcomed by the community and gamers with heroic enthusiasm. In just one week alone, 1 million new players have joined DCUO with a 50/50 split between PC and PS3,” said Lorin Jameson, Executive Director of Development, SOE Austin. “DCUO now joins the ranks of SOE’s other successful free-to-play titles, including Free Realms and Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures.”
MADWatch: The children of Kurtzmann get curated;
The Savannah College of Art and Design and the National Cartoonists Society are honoring the usual gang of idiots who created MAD magazine and are in part responsible for my warped sense of humor. I began reading MAD as soon as I was old enough to go to the store alone and hide it when I got home. Ah-h-h, the thought of it — Sergio Aragones, Al Jaffee and Jack Davis all in one place, holding seminars, exhibiting their distinctive art work, greeting fans.
CajunWatch: Time to get the dictionaries out;
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette Press has compiled all of the Bec Doux comics and published it in a large format book that’s a delight to enjoy. “Tout Bec Doux: The Complete Cajun Comics of Ken Meaux & Earl Comeaux” features an introduction by Fabrice Leroy and Barry Ancelet and includes two of Meaux’s early strips — Louisiana Folklore and The Cajuns — plus a comic strip publishers refused to print.
They say I am a work in progress. The fools.
Mick Anglo was born Maurice Anglowitz in the Bow area of the borough of Tower Hamlets in London’s East End to Hyman and Rachel (nee Pelter) Anglowitz. He claims he was born on the 14th of June, 1916, even though his birth certificate gives the date as the 19th of June, due to his father registering the birth late – it wasn’t actually registered until the 28th of July, well over a month later.
V For Vendetta Lego Cube Dude
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017