Earlier today, Bleeding Cool ran Frank Miller’s take on Occupy Wall Street, and noted some of the comments on his blog (now closing in on a thousand), and how they were mixed in response.
A few of his fellow comic book professionals had something to say on Twitter as well. Here’s a selection. They are rather less mixed.
Gary Erskine – Frank Miller is encouraging the Occupy movement to enlist ‘for the real thing’? Maybe he should show them by example then? Will Eisner did.
Ron Perazza – Thinking back on it, Frank Miller’s writing is filled with the glorification of right wing militant politics. Shame his reality is the same.
PJ Holden – Man, Frank Miller is really working that right wing loon persona.Move over Colbert, Miller’s bringing crazy to a whole new level!
Jeff Parker – I guess Frank Miller now relates everything to the War on Terror even though that’s not what Occupy is about:
Kieron Gillen – Crikey. That’s quite the blog post.
Jamie McKelvie – I’m pretty sure Frank Miller will soon become too crazy to be able to type, and then we won’t have to read his bullshit anymore.
John Layman – I bet Frank Miller wouldn’t talk shit about World of Warcraft if he knew how uber my blood elf warlock Jamesbucket is!
Cully Hamner: I think Frank Miller saw them filming the giant fight scene for Dark Knight Rises in NY & confused it for #OWS. No wonder he was pissed…!
Erik Larsen – Dear Frank Miller what those on Occupy Wall Street want is simple–for the rich to pay their fare share of taxes. Is that so wrong?
Gail Simone: Frankmillerink.com is a great link if you like absolute bullshit.
Tim Seeley: Frank Miller is what happens when fear overrides rational thought. Anything he doesn’t understand is evil & full of rapists.
Joe Keatinge: Come on, guys, let’s focus on what’s important: what does Frank Miller think of Red Hulk?
Joe Hill: I just don’t expect that from a guy who wrote YEAR ONE, the best cape comic ever: a work of careful thought, psychological nuance, beauty.
And here, for comparison, is a Frank Miller Batman comic where the character addressed the 1%, a fair few years ago, for a different take…
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017