Barnes & Noble took all 100 of the DC print graphic novels that were digitally exclusive to the upcoming Amazon Kindle Fire off their stores’ shelves as an act of protest in favour making books available in all formats, and not exclusive to one device.
And now today, the new Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet and Nook Color have announced digital exclusivity on Marvel graphic novels.
They don’t use the word exclusive of course. But “We’re excited to bring NOOK customers the largest available digital collection of graphic novels from Marvel Entertainment,” said Theresa Horner, Barnes & Noble’s Vice President of Digital Content does feel like a bit of a giveaway.
The largest available digital collection. So basically, stuff that other people don’t have.
Marvel does sell graphic novels on their App, on both Apple and Android devices. And while Nook is the only third party Marvel have announced a deal, Marvel are not exactly ones to limit their distribution. And look for DC books to head to the Nook after that four month exclusive distrubton deal.
But will Amazon be pulling Marvel print books of their website as a result? Probably not. But isn’t it weird to see Marvel and DC used as trophies in someone else’s war?
The bigger question… who is going to buy a Kindle Fire and a Nook Tablet to keep up?
Graphic.Ly has also jumped on the press releases, pointing out they have released six new comic on the Nook Color and above from today, Charmed, In Maps and Legends, Impaler, Harker, Midnight Nation and Die Hard: Year One, joining the likes of The Walking Dead, Return of the Dapper Men, Wanted more.
Oh and iVerse just announcewd a $4 million private equity investment too. It’s all go today…
- Jorge Molina And RB Silva Join Charles Soule On Astonishing X-Men? - July 25, 2017
- Hang On, Why Am I Being Asked To Preview Tomorrow’s Pitiful Human Lizard #14? - July 25, 2017
- X-Men Blue And Gold Enjoy Time And Relative Dimensions In Space For Marvel Legacy - July 25, 2017
- Being Spider-Man And Holding A Pig At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- Alex Ross’s Design For The Post-Secret Empire Marvel Legacy Falcon - July 25, 2017