Sorry, Latin America, but a certain idol of mine has a real surprise to spring on you.
Here he is now, to try and let you down gently.
And, courtesy of Little Bleeder Luis, here’s a translation of what the Frog and the Pig were talking about.
KERMIT: OK… Hi everybody in Latin America; I’m Kermit The Frog. Yeah, I know what you’re thinking, you all know me as “René”. B-b-but my real name is “Kermit”: K-E-R-M-I-T. See?
So, where did the “René” name come from? Well, it all happened in Mexico… it’s just that the first time I went there, they introduced me as “René”; and I didn’t mean to be rude, so I never corrected that mistake, and since then I’m known over there as “René” and…
PIGGY: Hmph! That’s not what I heard! You went to Mexico just to have a good time, you didn’t wanted “moi” to know and you used another name!
KERMIT: Piggy, that’s not what…
PIGGY: And it worked, frog! Now you are “Kermit” and not “René”! You hear me?!
KERMIT: O-OK… A-as Miss Piggy is saying, now I will be “Kermit The Frog”…
PIGGY: And don’t you forget it…!
PIGGY: Kisses, kisses! Bye!
I once knew a girl from Spain who was utterly distraught to hear me refer to Kermit the Frog and not “Gustavo.”
At least the French, Italians, Danish, Germans, Croatians, Israelis, Dutch, Polish, Norwegians and Swedish won’t need one of these PSAs.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014