The check that DC Comics used to buy Superman has to be one of my favorite bits of comic history to surface in quite some time. I have a hunch we’ll be hearing learning more about this in the days to come.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
It was accompanied by rather unflattering photos of New York Comic Con attendees that Jordan took when he went along. This is not the first time he’s been down this road, he also wrote similar for Maxim
Here is the March 1, 1938 check that DC Comics publisher and accountant Jack Liebowitz issued to Siegel and Shuster to complete that transaction:
During NYCC week, DC announced that the New 52 had sold over 5 million comics in 6 weeks. At the time, second prints on many titles were just starting to appear in stores, and 3rd prints on a few titles had been announced. Now comes word that one of the most critically acclaimed debuts of the relaunch, Animal Man #1, is also going to third print.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
There’s a bit of structural sleight of hand in Captain America: The First Avenger, wherein a montage of battle sequences not only moves along the plot, it provides for more stories from this time period to be told in subsequent movies.
When the poster arrived for the 3D re-release of The Phantom Menace I noted the focus on Darth Maul and the avoidance of CG blot Jar Jar Binks. I didn’t even mention that the film’s supposed central character, young Annakin Skywalker, was also completely absent. Funny how he slips the mind so easily…
Nathan Fillion has tweeted a link– and confirmed via tweet that it’s real– to muchadothemovie.com. Apparently, Joss Whedon has made a film based on Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing. Or at least a film based on a play and then named after Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing. Notice the reference to “a play”, not “the play” on this promo image.
- Starting Today: CGC Insider – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Comic Book Grading, And More - January 19, 2017
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016
- Transformers: The Last Knight Poster – What… Has Happened To Bumblebee? - December 13, 2016