This seems a rather rare occurence. Not on all the press certainly, but on this UK poster for Tintin in particular, the name of the writers is the same size as that as the director. And the cast. And the film’s subtitle. Indeed, the only thing bigger than the writers’ names is the main title of the film – and that it’s in 3D.
It helps that it’s the school holidays in the UK. And that for many kids used to watching Doctor Who Confidential on a Saturday after their main helping of Doctor Who, Steven Moffat is pretty much the biggest name writer off the television that they’ve heard of. And if one writer gets that credit, the other credited writing team (note the use of “and” and “&” has to as well.)
A writer having box office cache by name recognition on the poster. Who’d have thought it?
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017