Last week’s whispers that Garrett Hedlund had been offered the role of Kaneda in Jaume Collet-Serra‘s American adaptation of Katsuhiro Ohtomo’s Akira remain nothing but rumours for now, but the intelligence agency known sometimes as Twitch has offered up some more casting news which they sound pretty confident about. Apparently Gary Oldman has been offered the role of the Colonel (pictured) and Helena Bonham-Carter has been offered the role of Lady Miyako.
They’re both interesting choices and getting Oldman and Bonham-Carter onboard would certainly bolster interest in the film, since its appeal at the moment lies mainly with those fans of the manga who haven’t already rejected the idea of an American adaptation out of hand. Only trouble is that neither Gary nor Helena have said yes yet, and possibly they never will, but there are definitely “talks” happening.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012