Now, only one of our spies is missing. Bradley Cooper has been offered the role of Napoleon Solo in the upcoming Man from UNCLE movie. Steven Soderbergh is still shopping for an actor to play Illya Kuryakin, Solo’s Russian counterpart.
The film is scheduled to shoot in the spring, before Soderbergh closes out the current phase of his creative career with a HBO biopic of Liberace and retires to home, apparently to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark five times a week, always in black and white.
According to Variety, Soderbergh previously offered the part of Solo to Johnny Depp who passed. I’m sure the shoot clashed with something altogether more lucrative and possibly rum sodden.
You likely recall that George Clooney had the part until
old age a bad back meant he had to step down. With all due respect to Cooper (which is obviously tempered by the massive amount of rubbish he’s been in) I’ll miss Clooney, I think.
*At least assuming that there still is a Kuryakin. Will it make sense in a post-Cold War world to have a Russian character? Could there be a little bit of reinvention on the cards?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014