It’s sort of a comic industry version of the Da Vinci Code: one of the oldest and most powerful organizations in comics with a long-forgotten book hidden away in their vaults, one of the industry’s leading writer-historians has it sneaked out to try to unravel its meaning.
…So Marston had all these ideas and it was very deep, there was a book by him which was hidden in the DC Comics vaults because they didn’t really want anyone to see it, and a friend of mine at DC sneaked it out for me one time. And it’s this thing, and honestly you can’t read it, it’s deranged, it’s like the guys just done mescaline or something, talking about his sexual theories.
And more from the ever-interesting Grant Morrison in this great interview by Laura Sneddon.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
The hottest rumour burning down the pre-NYCC parties is that Gail Simone, co-writer of DC Relaunch title Fury Of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men with Ethan Van Sciver, has walked off the comic.
Over the past few weeks I’ve been hearing disquiet emanating from the offices of 1700 Broadway.
In an interview conducted at the Edinburgh Festival, Grant Morrison talked a lot about comics, superheroes, life and fiction. He also touched on Wonder Woman and her creator William Moulton Marston, and Grant’s plans for her. Here are a few extracts from the transcribed interview.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
We’ve all seen Clark Kent kitted out in the famously tight-fitting blue-and-red number from the comics many times before, and it seems as though director Zack Snyder has decided to shake things up for Man Of Steel by dressing Henry Cavill in a rather more understated uniform. The photo below isn’t a huge spoiler for the movie but it does give away one of the plot points, so anyone who wants to stay completely in the dark should click away now.
Lucasfilm and 20th Century Fox have unveiled the first poster for The Phantom Menace 3D. It’s interesting to note, I think, that the film is also getting a 2D re-release at the same time.
And along comes the first trailer for the latest film about that lad who tried to screw an apple pie, and all of his charming friends.
Most-Clicked Pics Today:
- ‘Happy Days’, ‘Joanie Loves Chaci’ Star Erin Moran Dead At 56 - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Sin City Goes Way Back In Time: Mid-20th Century, And Several Hundred Years Before That - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller On His Possible Upcoming Superman Project, And The Genesis Of The Batman V Superman Dynamic - April 22, 2017
- Wonder Woman’s Iconic Moment: The Pre-History Of The Character As Revealed In The Wonder Woman Film - April 21, 2017
- IDW C2E2: Steve Ditko, Jack Kirby, Walt Simonson, Bernie Wrightson, Star Wars, DuckTales, And Lots Of Other Good Stuff - April 21, 2017