JobDelight: I got a press release from Boom’s Chip Mosher earlier today, promoting Boom’s comic Outcast. By this afternoon, he was no longer at Boom, but had been named Vice President of Marketing, Public Relations and Business Development at digital comics distributor ComiXology.
Boom! have seen their books published by ComiXology and also had their comic book apps developed by the digital distributor.
Looks like those ties could be even tighter now.
Or exactly the same.
RecommendingDelight: Todd Allen on the perils of recommending Marvel and DC digital comics;
“A lot of these problems have been reflected in how comics are collected in book form, and I’ve long thought DC and Marvel have been chasing monthly sales at the expense of collected editions with these events. (If you don’t buy the Secret Invasion tpb, but you normally get Spider-Man, you’re going to have a couple Spider-Man tpbs that you’re either going to skip or that aren’t going to make complete sense.) The second you put the monthlies into the greater reach of the digital realm, where you do need to denote where the issues fit in a story for the casual reader (Blackest Night does this… all 89 parts), it becomes readily apparent how silly this has become and instantly obvious how much it’s going to cost.”
GuidedDelight: The problems with Guided View, concisely portrayed;
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017