JobDelight: I got a press release from Boom’s Chip Mosher earlier today, promoting Boom’s comic Outcast. By this afternoon, he was no longer at Boom, but had been named Vice President of Marketing, Public Relations and Business Development at digital comics distributor ComiXology.
Boom! have seen their books published by ComiXology and also had their comic book apps developed by the digital distributor.
Looks like those ties could be even tighter now.
Or exactly the same.
RecommendingDelight: Todd Allen on the perils of recommending Marvel and DC digital comics;
“A lot of these problems have been reflected in how comics are collected in book form, and I’ve long thought DC and Marvel have been chasing monthly sales at the expense of collected editions with these events. (If you don’t buy the Secret Invasion tpb, but you normally get Spider-Man, you’re going to have a couple Spider-Man tpbs that you’re either going to skip or that aren’t going to make complete sense.) The second you put the monthlies into the greater reach of the digital realm, where you do need to denote where the issues fit in a story for the casual reader (Blackest Night does this… all 89 parts), it becomes readily apparent how silly this has become and instantly obvious how much it’s going to cost.”
GuidedDelight: The problems with Guided View, concisely portrayed;
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017
- Final Part Of Watchmen Crossover “The Button” In Flash #23, Is Running Late… - April 27, 2017
- Image Comics To Publish New Black And White Spawn Cover Variants As Well! - April 27, 2017
- Tom Holland, The New Spider-Man, Films Video For Free Comic Book Day To Promote Marvel’s Secret Empire - April 27, 2017
- Sean Gordon Murphy, Signing And Talking In London On Saturday - April 27, 2017