Looks like we’re getting the start of NYCC-week announcements today. DC tells The New York Post:
DC will reveal some big-time creators who’ll be jumping on board the “New 52” — the 52 titles it just launched with fresh takes on iconic characters like Superman, the Flash and Wonder Woman.
The first name to drop is Andy Kubert joining Grant Morrison on Action Comics for #5 and #6. The DCU blog elaborates:
Fresh off of his bestselling FLASHPOINT miniseries, industry legend Andy Kubert will be joining critically acclaimed writer Grant Morrison for a special, two-issue arc of ACTION COMICS in DC COMICS-THE NEW 52. Issues #5 and #6 will guest star the Legion of Super-Heroes, while also laying groundwork for things to come much, much later in Superman’s story. And keep an eye out for Krypto!
“When Editor Matt Idelson asked if I would be interested and/or able to fit into my schedule two upcoming issues of Action Comics with Grant, I couldn’t say no,” said Kubert. “I don’t know of any other artist that would have. Drawing the latest incarnation of Superman and working with one of the best writers on the planet made it a very easy decision for me. And in this story, I get to do some VERY iconic stuff! I gotta admit, I’m a little nervous… Fun Fact for those keeping score: I had never drawn Superman in a comics interior for an entire issue. I had done inking over Dan Jurgens and Jerry Ordway for an issue each over their beautiful pencils way (and I mean WAY) back when but this is my first opportunity to pencil the Man of Steel interior pages for my very own!”
After Kubert’s two-issue take on ACTION COMICS, Rags Morales will return as the series’ regular artist.
- Starting Today: CGC Insider – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Comic Book Grading, And More - January 19, 2017
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016
- Transformers: The Last Knight Poster – What… Has Happened To Bumblebee? - December 13, 2016