Not too long ago, we pointed out that Matt Busch was the latest to fall victim to Rick Olney, who has cancelled the Adironack Comic Fest which was meant to sell Busch’s Indiana Jones World Map to benefit the Disabled American Veterans charity. Well, the convention is gone. The charity has asked that Olney not use its name when fundraising. As to what happens to the maps that Busch sent to Olney after he requested their return, first Rick e-mailed Busch saying;
“Well, I had asked you nicely not to take that step. And, because you’re so inclined I’ll share with you that I intend on burning your maps tomorrow. I’m all done being manipulated. You think embarrassing me is a game. Lets see how you like learning a lesson.”
But now Rick has announced that he will be selling the maps for $59.95, with payments only via Money Order, a payment system nigh on impossible to track. So you may not be able to prove you sent the payment or that it was cashed by Rick.
He says that the money will be donated to an unnamed disabled veterans charity, and any unsold maps will be returned to Busch.
This is against the authorisation of Matt Busch and of Lucasfilm. What we need is a real Indiana Jones to take them back! As it is, we’ll have to rely on Lucasfiulm lawyers.
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018