20th Century Fox have updated their Prometheus Facebook page with a new blurb for the film. Still no mention of the Alien alien, but we already know about that stuff anyway.
Instead, this is hinting at something else, something I hadn’t been so certain about:
Ridley Scott, director of Alien and Blade Runner, returns to the genre he helped define. With Prometheus, he creates a groundbreaking mythology, in which a team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a thrilling journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.
This arrangement of info gives us the best idea yet of the shape of the story. None of the elements are complete surprises, and a lot of that info has been stated before, but now I think I’ve got an idea of who the protagonists of the film are and what they’re trying to do.
It all sits quite nicely with something Scott says in the video reel shown at Comic-Con:
The cast find an establishment which is not what they expected it to be, it’s a civilization but what we find in it is very uncivilized behavior.
I don’t know if I could be looking forward to this any more.
Also of interest are the Facebook page’s listings for cast and crew. Does this give us an idea of who has the bigger roles? And how much of Jon Spaihts original script remains?
Starring Michael Fassbender; Noomi Rapace; Charlize Theron; Idris Elba; Guy Pearce; Ben Foster; and Logan Marshall-Green
Directed by Ridley Scott
Screenplay by Damon Lindelof, Jon Spaihts
Now. Let’s see that rumoured teaser trailer, shall we?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014