BC has been buzzing today with rumors (and confirmations) of creative changes in DC’s New 52 — some planned fill-ins, others not, and what would seem to be a heightened level of attention paid to the parameters that will keep the engine of the New DC running at full speed far into the future. Schedule as religion, monitoring feedback, and what sounds a lot like resource allocation… it’s obvious they want to keep what they got in September, and for good reason.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
At the end of last week, I received a shedload of rumours from respected individuals in the industry claiming there were major changes afoot at the DC Relaunch. And even though the sources were very separate, some of the stories coincided, often a sign that there’s some truth here. However that wasn’t the case.
Whether the writing and the art are comic in on schedule, the nature of the reviews the book is receiving and any perceived tone or story problems.
We know how committed DC Comics is to keeping these books on time. Like it’s a religion or something. Well, the Spanish Inquisition has been at December’s solicitations…
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
The Big Bang Theory is Warner’s hit sitcom that both celebrates and mocks geekdom in a variety of forms with a wealth of insular references to geek culture. And owned by Warners, it’s only natural that it looks to DC Comics for its comic book hooks (although if they need a comic creator anyone has actually heard of, they have to go for Stan Lee).
Evangeline Lilly believes that The Hobbit screenplay is more sophisticated than the book:
I was quite surprised by the end of saturday’s Doctor Who episode, The God Complex.
Most-Clicked Pics Today:
And… wow. People were sure looking for secrets on that whiteboard. I wonder if they found any?
- Starting Today: CGC Insider – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Comic Book Grading, And More - January 19, 2017
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016
- Transformers: The Last Knight Poster – What… Has Happened To Bumblebee? - December 13, 2016