Disgraced comic publisher Rick Olney has announced the Adirondack ComicFest announced for November has been cancelled. If it ever existed – it never had a confirmed location.
He still does not name the other people involved in funding the show. If they existed. He states;
I’m not going to blame anyone or any group effort personally for the decisions made this past Friday evening. Likewise, nobody is going to blame those guests that were insincere and lacking professional courtesy.
This may refer to professionals who agreed to appear at the show before googling Rick Olney’s name. And then backed out, even as Rick continued to advertise their prescence. Rick has now removed the blog that listed them all.
During my efforts to put this event together, I believe that I was sincere to one and all involved. Adirondathon also feels that it did nothing to warrant such negative attention. That stated, I will close this by adding that the opinion now exists that the hobby and business of comics is a very shoddy and sad place. No modicum of true sincerity and honesty exists in the comic book entertainment industry.
This, presumably included the many people Rick Olney promised to pay, and yet failed to do so. Or the Indiana Jones World Maps produced for charity that Matt Busch says Olney told him he was going to burn…
- DC Comics Cancels Doom Patrol #12 Orders, Delays It Until at Least April - January 18, 2018
- Justice League Of America’s Queen Of Fables Story Gets an Extra Issue - January 18, 2018
- AfterShock Signs Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler for 3 Comics Series – Her Infernal Descent is the First - January 18, 2018
- Spider-Man Goes to Wakanda in New Marvel Kids Comic, Marvel Super Hero Adventures - January 18, 2018
- Will Doomsday Clock Bring Back the Legion and the Justice Society? And What’s With Shazam? - January 18, 2018