Disgraced comic publisher Rick Olney has announced the Adirondack ComicFest announced for November has been cancelled. If it ever existed – it never had a confirmed location.
He still does not name the other people involved in funding the show. If they existed. He states;
I’m not going to blame anyone or any group effort personally for the decisions made this past Friday evening. Likewise, nobody is going to blame those guests that were insincere and lacking professional courtesy.
This may refer to professionals who agreed to appear at the show before googling Rick Olney’s name. And then backed out, even as Rick continued to advertise their prescence. Rick has now removed the blog that listed them all.
During my efforts to put this event together, I believe that I was sincere to one and all involved. Adirondathon also feels that it did nothing to warrant such negative attention. That stated, I will close this by adding that the opinion now exists that the hobby and business of comics is a very shoddy and sad place. No modicum of true sincerity and honesty exists in the comic book entertainment industry.
This, presumably included the many people Rick Olney promised to pay, and yet failed to do so. Or the Indiana Jones World Maps produced for charity that Matt Busch says Olney told him he was going to burn…
- A Certain Someone Returns In Today’s X-O Manowar #4 (SPOILERS) - June 28, 2017
- There’s Nothing There … Except For A Second Print Of #1 - June 28, 2017
- The Betrayals And Revivals Of Secret Empire #5 SPOILERS - June 28, 2017
- All Coffee Might As Well Be Decaf To Kryptonians – Action Comics #982 - June 28, 2017
- How Imperious Are Today’s Secret Empire Crossovers? Secret Empire #5, Occupy Avengers #8, Amazing Spider-Man #29, Guardians Of The Galaxy Annual #1 - June 28, 2017