Disgraced comic publisher Rick Olney has announced the Adirondack ComicFest announced for November has been cancelled. If it ever existed – it never had a confirmed location.
He still does not name the other people involved in funding the show. If they existed. He states;
I’m not going to blame anyone or any group effort personally for the decisions made this past Friday evening. Likewise, nobody is going to blame those guests that were insincere and lacking professional courtesy.
This may refer to professionals who agreed to appear at the show before googling Rick Olney’s name. And then backed out, even as Rick continued to advertise their prescence. Rick has now removed the blog that listed them all.
During my efforts to put this event together, I believe that I was sincere to one and all involved. Adirondathon also feels that it did nothing to warrant such negative attention. That stated, I will close this by adding that the opinion now exists that the hobby and business of comics is a very shoddy and sad place. No modicum of true sincerity and honesty exists in the comic book entertainment industry.
This, presumably included the many people Rick Olney promised to pay, and yet failed to do so. Or the Indiana Jones World Maps produced for charity that Matt Busch says Olney told him he was going to burn…
- Watching Tom Felton Play Ping Pong at San Diego Comic-Con’s Fandom Party Last Night - July 21, 2018
- Amazon Prime Video Showcase at SDCC Showcases First Episode of Jack Ryan - July 21, 2018
- Extermination Will Kill One Of The Members Of X-Men Blue? (Spoilers) - July 21, 2018
- Who Will Be Journeying With Supergirl Into Space? (Spoilers) - July 21, 2018
- Bendis to Give Metropolis Its Own Court Of Owls? (Superman Spoilers) - July 21, 2018