Disgraced comic publisher Rick Olney has announced the Adirondack ComicFest announced for November has been cancelled. If it ever existed – it never had a confirmed location.
He still does not name the other people involved in funding the show. If they existed. He states;
I’m not going to blame anyone or any group effort personally for the decisions made this past Friday evening. Likewise, nobody is going to blame those guests that were insincere and lacking professional courtesy.
This may refer to professionals who agreed to appear at the show before googling Rick Olney’s name. And then backed out, even as Rick continued to advertise their prescence. Rick has now removed the blog that listed them all.
During my efforts to put this event together, I believe that I was sincere to one and all involved. Adirondathon also feels that it did nothing to warrant such negative attention. That stated, I will close this by adding that the opinion now exists that the hobby and business of comics is a very shoddy and sad place. No modicum of true sincerity and honesty exists in the comic book entertainment industry.
This, presumably included the many people Rick Olney promised to pay, and yet failed to do so. Or the Indiana Jones World Maps produced for charity that Matt Busch says Olney told him he was going to burn…
- What Happened To Everyone In Love Actually, Revealed With Screencaps - March 24, 2017
- US Senators Want To Know Ike Perlmutter’s Comings And Goings - March 24, 2017
- Peter Kaye’s Car Share Series 2 Debuts At UK Cinemas Next Friday For Comic Relief - March 24, 2017
- A Few Comic Book Exclusives For WonderCon 2017… - March 24, 2017
- San Diego Comic Con To Open A Comics Museum In San Diego, In 2018 - March 24, 2017