As it was originally reported, [REC] 3: Genesis was to be a part-prequel, part-sequel sandwich-type affair with some scenes set after the zomboid (zombish?) outbreak of the first two films, and some scenes going back the origins of the series’ deadly virus.
You wouldn’t know it from this trailer.
There. Nice and short.
Reputedly, there’s a clever twist to this film which will make the audience reperceive events from the earlier installments. That’s good, because I found the first one to be numbingly thin and pointless, and the second one a touch more engaging but ultimately no more demanding of any real consideration.
They were puffs of wind, really, and could use whatever substance this threequel will imply.
On the more cheerful side of things, I see that the bride in this trailer is played by Leticia Dolera, who I know from Man Push Cart and Imago Mortis. It’s good to see her again.
The director, Paco Plaza, was a co-director on the previous two [REC] movies, but he’s working alone here. His collaborator on parts one and two, Jaume Balagueró, sat this installmentbut has been developing [REC]4: Apocalypse, the proposed finale to the series.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014