Both mysterious figures, the identity
On the left the recent Doctor Who Annual with different tales of the Doctor drawn by different artists, each of whom draws a version of the Doctor for the cover. And the cover to Secret Origins: The Phantom Stranger with four separate origins for the character, one written by Alan Moore.
Of course it all goes back to MC Escher. Thanks, Kef F Sutherland.
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree . They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself. If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultaneously, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017
- The Winners Of Diamond’s Retailer Best Practice Awards Spring 2017, Announced At Chicago - April 24, 2017
- DC Comics Has Dark Matter, Cougar And Cub Have Faecal Matter… - April 24, 2017