Oh, we see what’s happening here. Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are competing to get mentioned on blogs such as this for some passing reference to geek culture. And damn it works. On Tuesday, Colbert dissed the movie Green Lantern, today Jon Stewart gets a Superman reference into Mitt Romney’s speech about how Obama is a payphone in a smartphone world and apparently payphones don’t work.
Um, payphones stil work, don’t they?
He then followed that with Ghostbusters and Never Ending Story references.
Someone open the poor man’s eyes.
They’ve always been geeks – Colbert had Joe Quesada present him with Captain America’s shield and Jon Stewart… um… has the same name as a Green Lantern. But they seem to be ramping it up a bit… Here’s the vid below. Dirty non-Americans like me can go here.
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018