Oh, we see what’s happening here. Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are competing to get mentioned on blogs such as this for some passing reference to geek culture. And damn it works. On Tuesday, Colbert dissed the movie Green Lantern, today Jon Stewart gets a Superman reference into Mitt Romney’s speech about how Obama is a payphone in a smartphone world and apparently payphones don’t work.
Um, payphones stil work, don’t they?
He then followed that with Ghostbusters and Never Ending Story references.
Someone open the poor man’s eyes.
They’ve always been geeks – Colbert had Joe Quesada present him with Captain America’s shield and Jon Stewart… um… has the same name as a Green Lantern. But they seem to be ramping it up a bit… Here’s the vid below. Dirty non-Americans like me can go here.
- Justice League Of America Tops Advance Reorders, Followed By Image’s 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017