Oh, we see what’s happening here. Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are competing to get mentioned on blogs such as this for some passing reference to geek culture. And damn it works. On Tuesday, Colbert dissed the movie Green Lantern, today Jon Stewart gets a Superman reference into Mitt Romney’s speech about how Obama is a payphone in a smartphone world and apparently payphones don’t work.
Um, payphones stil work, don’t they?
He then followed that with Ghostbusters and Never Ending Story references.
Someone open the poor man’s eyes.
They’ve always been geeks – Colbert had Joe Quesada present him with Captain America’s shield and Jon Stewart… um… has the same name as a Green Lantern. But they seem to be ramping it up a bit… Here’s the vid below. Dirty non-Americans like me can go here.
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017