Oh, we see what’s happening here. Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert are competing to get mentioned on blogs such as this for some passing reference to geek culture. And damn it works. On Tuesday, Colbert dissed the movie Green Lantern, today Jon Stewart gets a Superman reference into Mitt Romney’s speech about how Obama is a payphone in a smartphone world and apparently payphones don’t work.
Um, payphones stil work, don’t they?
He then followed that with Ghostbusters and Never Ending Story references.
Someone open the poor man’s eyes.
They’ve always been geeks – Colbert had Joe Quesada present him with Captain America’s shield and Jon Stewart… um… has the same name as a Green Lantern. But they seem to be ramping it up a bit… Here’s the vid below. Dirty non-Americans like me can go here.
- Who Let Tony Lee Help Run The London Film And Comic Con This Weekend? - July 26, 2017
- Jared Leto In Talks For Valiant’s Bloodshot Movie - July 26, 2017
- After Arkham Asylum 2, Dark Knight 3 And Doomsday Clock… What Sequel Could Be Next? - July 25, 2017
- Remember That Time The Savage Dragon Had Some Questions To Ask God? - July 25, 2017
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017