As you’d expect, there’s more to the new Star Wars Blu-ray box sets than polished-pixel transfers of the saga, there’s a wealth of supplementary material. As the films that made pretty much made ILM, a lot of these peeks behind the curtain are focused on the special effects.
And when we’re dealing with the original trilogy, that means some hands on, spit-sweat-and-ingenuity solutions to making the impossible look real.
Here’s one tiny sample, revealing the role of matte painting in putting a lightsabre fight above Cloud City.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-NtlsnF3GY
Many of the supplements are of the more traditional talking head variety, but I’m pleased that there’s hours of galleries, samples and demos to click through too.
You’ll be able to get your hands on all of this goodness next Monday, 12 September.
Stay tuned for a deeper look at the discs very soon…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014