This gets lost a little bit in the era of frequent mini-series, but first-issue covers of (what eventually become) key series often become iconic images. Action 1, Batman 1, Superman 1, Wonder Woman 1, classic covers one and all that defined what made comic covers great for decades to follow. Series from more recent eras have had their iconic beginnings as well. Giant-Size X-Men 1, Perez Wonder Woman 1, Lee/Claremont X-Men 1, McFarlane Spider-Man 1, and others. Years (or decades, or generations…) from now, which of the new 52 covers will be best remembered?
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
I’ve been hearing that there was a little bit of a wobble over a number of DC Relaunch covers, with a whole batch being recomissioned, and most then reverting back to the original cover of choice, the replacement bottom-drawered for a future cover or variant.
Thank you, 4chan. We are not worthy.
Two more appearances of the strange woman from Flashpoint who we’ve been doing our best to monitor.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
Sacha Baron Cohen has signed on to star as Freddie Mercury in a new biopic. Genius.
Gillian Anderson has this week ridden the media merry go round to Sydney where she’s doing interviews to publicise the second Johnny English picture. Conversation has wandered a little off topic, of course…
What’s going on in these pictures from the set of The Dark Knight Rises?
Most-Clicked Pics Today:
- Superman Lives: Official Justice League Movie Site Reveals Another (‘More Official’?) Team Shot With Superman - April 23, 2017
- ‘Happy Days’, ‘Joanie Loves Chaci’ Star Erin Moran Dead At 56 - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller’s Sin City Goes Way Back In Time: Mid-20th Century, And Several Hundred Years Before That - April 22, 2017
- Frank Miller On His Possible Upcoming Superman Project, And The Genesis Of The Batman V Superman Dynamic - April 22, 2017
- Wonder Woman’s Iconic Moment: The Pre-History Of The Character As Revealed In The Wonder Woman Film - April 21, 2017