Paul Anderson‘s upcoming, 3D take on The Three Musketeers has already drawn a lot of criticism from fans of Alexandre Dumas‘ novel for being loaded with clanging anachronisms, goofball action beats and hysterical infidelities. Well, wait ’til these fans get a load of this one.
Here’s a newly minted trailer for The Asylum’s 3 Musketeers. See if you can spot what makes it a version of Dumas. Hint: it’s not a fat lot.
There was some talk of a big-budget studio film putting the Musketeers in the modern day. If memory serves it was going to revolve around members of the LAPD. Somebody worth caring about was going to write it. I’ve stopped being able to use Google at all well. Help.
Well, as we know, what Hollywood will drop on the floor, the Asylum will scurry in and carry back to their hole in the skirting board. And bless their enterprising spirit.
Here’s the official blurb for 3 Musketeers:
Alexandra D’Artagnan, junior NSA officer, uncovers a plot to assasinate the President of the United States and enlists the help of three infamous international spies to stop the threat.
Seems to belong in a world where America is still dotted with branches of Blockbuster, and in those branches, the bottom shelves would be hung with untainted exploitation.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014