Some more news from the front lines of FrightFest now, as writer-director Ti West hopped up onto the stage after the screening of his new film The Innkeepers and threw out a few tidbits about what he might be up to next. We’ve known for some time that he’s been cooking up a new sci-fi feature set in space called The Side Effects, and he suggested that that’s probably still what he’s going to be moving on to next. In an interview with The Playlist a few months back he gave us a rough idea of what it’s going to be about.
“It’s called The Side Effects … It’s a science fiction movie about … it has to do with pharmaceutical testing in space and paranoia. It will be bigger budgeted, but in a way it would fill out a trilogy with House of the Devil and The Inkeepers as far as dealing with isolation and paranoia, and that kind of psychological fear, but it’s set in space.”
However, he also mentioned having written a “kind of” werewolf movie for “another company”. Could this go into production before The Side Effects, or will it be the next project lined up after it? It’s been a while since we last saw a werewolf movie that didn’t completely suck. At least, I can’t think of any, but if anyone’s seen a good werewolf movie made in the last five years then please let me know about it.
However if you mention Twilight you will be killed and dismembered. By werewolves.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012