It must be so difficult being the film editor here at Bleeding Cool, with all these great burdens upon your shoulders. One marvels at his ability to cope.
Yes, say hello to Halla Vilhjálmsdóttir! And now say goodbye, because she’s changing her name to Hatla Williams in order to appeal to a more anglicised crowd. She was at FrightFest doing promotional work for The Wicker Tree, Robin Hardy‘s new companion piece to The Wicker Man that’s based on his book Cowboys for Christ. The film is about a devout Christian couple who leave their home in Texas to go preaching in Scotland.
Obviously they’ve not seen Trainspotting.
They find a community which welcomes them with open arms, but not necessarily because they want to hear about Jesus. Brendon and Craig Skinner have already seen it at FrightFest, and the nutshell reviews that I’ve heard back from them are A) it’s a “bawdy sex comedy” (Craig) and B) “It makes tits boring” (Brendon). I don’t think I ever want to see a sex comedy that stars Christopher Lee. I wouldn’t even have wanted to see that back in the 70s. Ick.
Hatla, formerly known is Halla, is going to be starring in Hardy’s follow-up to The Wicker Tree, which breaks away from the furniture material theme by calling itself Wrath of the Gods. He says that in the next film he “will be punishing the Gods” and that it’s set to start shooting “soon”. Those are all the details we have right now, so for now just enjoy the picture.
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012