At tonight’s Frightfest, we were party to the UK premiere of The Theatre Bizarre. As it was the last film of the evening, and set to finish near to 2am, there was no plan for an after film Q&A and some of the talent involved took the stage before hand to chat a little.
Fantasia Fest’s Karim Hussain, who had directed a segment of The Theatre Bizarre and was the DP on some of the others, was asked what film he was working on next. He told us that his ongoing project is the second feature from Jason Eisener, director of Hobo With a Shotgun.
The title of this film is going to be BVH, which I know Eisener has mentioned before, but Hussain revealed that the acronym stands for Blatant Violence High and that was news to me. Sounds like another school on the same block as Nuke ‘Em High, maybe?
As I can gather, the film is a street fighting vigilante film featuring a lot of martial arts work. According to Eisener’s Tumblr, one of the chief inspirations is the old home computer game Vigilante. Will he try to one-up the side-on brawl from Old Boy? Seems like the perfect opportunity to try.
Martial artist and Hobo With a Shotgun vet Nick Bateman, has posted a picture to his Facebook of a scene from BVH being played out. This should give you some idea of the style. Also note that Eisener has referenced The Warriors as a touchstone on the movie too.
Seems like BVH is well underway. Hopefully we’ll be seeing something from it soon.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014