There’s something very appealing about stop-motion renditions of Tron action sequences, meshing as they do the early-cinema lo-tech approach with the nostalgiacally dated futurist aesthetic. I know this because I’ve seen a few of them now, and they all hang on that tension.
Fair play to Duck Tape for exploiting it in their new TV commercial. Stick with it until the end for a… surprise.
A not very good surprise. A bit tacky, even. I would have prefered to see the Duck Tape version of lightcycles crashing, I think.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014