Last night, BBC One showed the film Starter For Ten from 2006. I think I saw it on an aeroplane back seat once. Made by the BBC with HBO, it’s an eighties period film about a young man who goes to university with the express aim of taking part in the TV quiz show University Challenge.
He’s also better known these days for playing Charles Xavier.
His mother is Donna Noble off of Doctor Who, and his best mate rented a room to The Doctor as well. His second mate is Iron Man’s dad.
And the team Captain is Sherlock Holmes.
The question master is Mycroft Holmes as well, which really sounds like cheating to me.
Much more than the crime of cheating that Charles Xavier is accused of, knowing the answer before the question is asked. It’s not cheating, he’s just a telepath. It’s blatant prejudice, that’s what it is.
All that before any of them were cast.
Sherlock Holmes, Howard Stark, Charles Xavier, Donna Noble and Mycroft Holmes.
What other League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen-type teams out there lurking in the cast, made before they were more famous in other roles?
If only Alice Eve had got Peggy Carter, Gwen Stacy, Emma Frost or Lana Lang…
Here’s the BBC iPlayer link, good for a week.
- DC Comics Cancels Doom Patrol #12 Orders, Delays It Until at Least April - January 18, 2018
- Justice League Of America’s Queen Of Fables Story Gets an Extra Issue - January 18, 2018
- AfterShock Signs Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler for 3 Comics Series – Her Infernal Descent is the First - January 18, 2018
- Spider-Man Goes to Wakanda in New Marvel Kids Comic, Marvel Super Hero Adventures - January 18, 2018
- Will Doomsday Clock Bring Back the Legion and the Justice Society? And What’s With Shazam? - January 18, 2018