Some moving images won prizes at the Hugo Awards last night.
Taking the prize for ‘Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form’ was a little film called Inception, written and directed by Christopher Nolan. Oh well. I was rooting for Never Let Me Go, of course.
The prize for ‘Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form’ went to Doctor Who, for the double-episode finale The Pandorica Opens and The Big Bang. Which is not so ‘Short Form’ after all and clocks in longer than some feature films I’ve seen this week.
But all credit to Steven Moffat and director Toby Haynes. Those really were great episodes.
Several other awards were given to print fiction, including a comic but that’s not my area and I’d look to Rich to say something about that.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014