John Landis‘ remarkable horror with a sense of humour, An American Werewolf in London was released 30 years ago today, on 21st August 1981.
To celebrate, I thought I’d share a video of Vincent Price and Kim Hunter giving the first ever Academy Award for Makeup to Rick Baker for his work on the film.
If you’ve seen Werewolf, you’ll know how richly he deserved it (if you haven’t…).
Indeed, if there wasn’t an award to give to Mr. Baker, they would have had to invent one so, er, good timing, Oscar.
But wait until you see what he had to beat. One of the all time most bemusing films – a really nutty flick, great makeup or not.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN1-YGEfchg
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014