Want to know if Zack Snyder’s Superman wears red trunks or not? If his cape really drags along the floor like Batman’s? Or if it has the S-emblem on the back?
These on-set snaps, courtesy of ZonCom productions and posted to the Man Of Steel fan page on Facebook, remove any last vestige of mystique surrounding those very points of
trivia banality interest. This entire I’ve-built-it-up-to-be-something-it-could-never-really-be enigma has just been burst like a soap bubble.
There. Our teacups are now nothing more than cloudy with a chance of too much sugar.
Other snaps from the set actually go so far as to reveal a key plot point. That’s more like it.
SPOILER: The names on the headstones, if you want to know, include that of Jonathan Kent, Supes’ adoptive Pa.
I’m actually very interested in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel. Conversely, I’m long since bored of “It’s not the costume from the comics”/”It’s got scales”/”Why aren’t you doing it my way?”
It’s up to the filmmakers what the suit looks like, and so it should be, and to hell with fidelity to anything that’s come before in any way, shape or form. I’ll judge the Supersuit when I see it in context, and can evaluate the full range of filmmaking choices together.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014