I like David Gabriel. Senior Vice President of Sales at Marvel, he’s basically their equivalent of Bob Wayne. Famously, he was the guy who came up with the idea of mutants fighting vampires in the wake of Twilight, which launched the new X-Men series a couple of years ago. Got nothing against David Gabriel.
It’s just… is he really the person you want to have being quoted on a promotional poster? Especially one like this which seems to show a certain Asgardian hammer destroyed? Quite a big image to tease?
“We will all mourn the devastating outcome” – do you mean in sales, David, as Marvel won’t be able to rely on a big crossover series that month? Isn’t that why we have a Fear Itself 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 in November?
I look forward to the next poster quoting someone in Accounting.
- Advance Review: Tony Stark: Iron Man #1 by Dan Slott and Valerie Schiti – Will Tony Stark Become Self-Aware As Well? - June 19, 2018
- J Scott Campbell Created Fake Covers to Keep The X-Men Gold #30 Spoiler from Marvel Staffers - June 19, 2018
- Nightwing and Titans Both Go Twice-Monthly at $3.99 an Issue - June 19, 2018
- Video Message From Stan Lee at Home With His Daughter JC For Father’s Day - June 18, 2018
- Full DC Comics Catalog for September 2018 + Solicitations - June 18, 2018