I like David Gabriel. Senior Vice President of Sales at Marvel, he’s basically their equivalent of Bob Wayne. Famously, he was the guy who came up with the idea of mutants fighting vampires in the wake of Twilight, which launched the new X-Men series a couple of years ago. Got nothing against David Gabriel.
It’s just… is he really the person you want to have being quoted on a promotional poster? Especially one like this which seems to show a certain Asgardian hammer destroyed? Quite a big image to tease?
“We will all mourn the devastating outcome” – do you mean in sales, David, as Marvel won’t be able to rely on a big crossover series that month? Isn’t that why we have a Fear Itself 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 in November?
I look forward to the next poster quoting someone in Accounting.
- Could Andre Mexer Actually Be X-Men Blue’s New Blackbird? - May 22, 2017
- Whatever Happened To Amelia Earhart? Jay Faerber And Sumeyye Kesgin Launch ‘Elsewhere’ From Image Comics In August - May 22, 2017
- June 2017 Loot Crate Has An Alter-Ego Theme, With Marvel, DC And Transformers… - May 22, 2017
- Unboxing May 2017’s Loot Crate – Including Rocket And Groot Digital Digital Download Comics - May 22, 2017
- Grab Back… RESIST! Volume 2 Comes To All Comic Book Stores For Independence Day - May 22, 2017