I like David Gabriel. Senior Vice President of Sales at Marvel, he’s basically their equivalent of Bob Wayne. Famously, he was the guy who came up with the idea of mutants fighting vampires in the wake of Twilight, which launched the new X-Men series a couple of years ago. Got nothing against David Gabriel.
It’s just… is he really the person you want to have being quoted on a promotional poster? Especially one like this which seems to show a certain Asgardian hammer destroyed? Quite a big image to tease?
“We will all mourn the devastating outcome” – do you mean in sales, David, as Marvel won’t be able to rely on a big crossover series that month? Isn’t that why we have a Fear Itself 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 in November?
I look forward to the next poster quoting someone in Accounting.
- Adapting Madness – Bringing H.P. Lovecraft’s World to Life - March 18, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters – 18th March 2018 – DC Comics Collect Their Thoughts - March 18, 2018
- DC Continues New Editions of Sandman for 30th Anniversary into 2019 - March 18, 2018
- Exclusive Relationships: J. Scott Campbell, Adi Granov, Dale Keown, Leinil Francis Yu and More - March 18, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 18th March 2018 – “And Now We Have a Horse Race” as Marvel Steps Up - March 18, 2018