I like David Gabriel. Senior Vice President of Sales at Marvel, he’s basically their equivalent of Bob Wayne. Famously, he was the guy who came up with the idea of mutants fighting vampires in the wake of Twilight, which launched the new X-Men series a couple of years ago. Got nothing against David Gabriel.
It’s just… is he really the person you want to have being quoted on a promotional poster? Especially one like this which seems to show a certain Asgardian hammer destroyed? Quite a big image to tease?
“We will all mourn the devastating outcome” – do you mean in sales, David, as Marvel won’t be able to rely on a big crossover series that month? Isn’t that why we have a Fear Itself 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 in November?
I look forward to the next poster quoting someone in Accounting.
- The Cosplay, Creators And Comics Of Lagos Comic-Con 2017, Nigeria’s Biggest Geek Gathering To Date - September 19, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future – Image Coming Soon - September 19, 2017
- What Do Black Mirror’s San Junipero And This Weekend’s Thought Bubble Have In Common? - September 19, 2017
- There’s A Mark Strong/Halle Berry Love Scene In Kingsman 2 That Didn’t Make The Cut - September 19, 2017
- Quantum & Woody’s “Most Variant Cover Of All Time!” – First Chromium, Lenticular, Die-Cut, Embossed, Fifth Ink, Double Foil, Hand-Numbered, Randomly Stickered… - September 19, 2017