He was editor-in-chief of Wizard Magazine. He lasted a few issues into the digital version before leaving, and now has set up his own digital comics magazine along with Steve Blackwell, ex-creative director of Wizard, Ralph Cirella, Mike’s co-host from the Geektime radio show, and television writer Sam Simon. With ex-Wizard PR person April Wiggins sending out press releases.
Champion! is available as a free preview issue download (with subsequent issues paid for) as an app for the Apple iPad, which responds to the articles you are most interested in, contains embedded Twitter feeds and will news when you… update. The first issue will be available to put on the first of September and an Android version will be available later in the year,
Um. Can anyone reading this on an iPad tell me what it’s like?
There’s one review so far giving it five stars. Unfortunately it comes from one Michael Cotton so I’m not sure how unbiased that is.
- Doing Alan Moore Justice – Pat Shand on Writing Crossed+100: Mimic - May 23, 2018
- A Comic Show: Black Panthers in Space… - May 23, 2018
- When Wyatt Cenac and Dean Haspiel Created Thorgood - May 23, 2018
- Welcome to the Latest Members of DC Comics’ Superman and Batman Families (Super Sons #16 Spoilers) - May 23, 2018
- OBLIV18N by Netflix Punisher’s Ken Kristensen in Scout Comics August 2018 Solicits - May 23, 2018