Yesterday we learnt that Dynamite was to publish The Shadow. Now it seems they will also be publishing pulp hero stories of The Spider, to be written by David Liss and drawn by Colton Worley.
As long as they can get these Spider character designs by Alex Ross based on the original forties design (below) past Marvel and Disney’s trademark lawyers, that is. Quite deliberately from the PR copy;
The Spider cover artist and character designer Alex Ross says, “I always found it fascinating that there was a spider-based hero in the pulp era of the ’40s who first wore a webbed cape and mask in the movie serials.”
- Jim Lee Has Told His Origin Story So Much That He Let Fans at #WonderCon 2018 Tell It Instead - March 24, 2018
- At This Very Moment, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Fans Are Crying at #WonderCon, and It’s All Boom’s Fault - March 24, 2018
- Domino is Like Birds of Prey, but Sexier and Dirtier – Gail Simone Spotlight Panel at Wondercon #2018 - March 24, 2018
- Expect Voyager’s Story to Continue in Quicksilver: No Surrender – Mark Waid Spotlight at #WonderCon 2018 - March 24, 2018
- Spider-Gwen vs. Venom in New Marvel Funko Animated Short at #WonderCon 2018 - March 24, 2018