Yesterday we learnt that Dynamite was to publish The Shadow. Now it seems they will also be publishing pulp hero stories of The Spider, to be written by David Liss and drawn by Colton Worley.
As long as they can get these Spider character designs by Alex Ross based on the original forties design (below) past Marvel and Disney’s trademark lawyers, that is. Quite deliberately from the PR copy;
The Spider cover artist and character designer Alex Ross says, “I always found it fascinating that there was a spider-based hero in the pulp era of the ’40s who first wore a webbed cape and mask in the movie serials.”
- Eric Powell’s Spookhouse Goes Weekly in Albatross Funnybooks September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- DC’s $3.99 Comics to Move Back to 22 Page Stories - June 22, 2018
- Deadpool and the Technet Comes To Mr & Mrs X, in New Updated Solicitations - June 22, 2018
- Marvel Sends a Tonne of Comics to Second and Third Printings - June 22, 2018
- Dennis Barger Responds to DC Comics’ 100 Page Walmart Exclusive News - June 22, 2018