I remember sitting in a Marvel panel a few years ago at a comic book convention when a blind fan asked about the possibilities of audiobook versions of certain comic books. He was met with blank stares, a lack of comprehension and an issue that, it seemed, had never been raised before.
Certainly there have been some great radio and audio adaptations of comic books down the line, from the Death Of Superman on BBC Radio 4, to a line of Judge Dredd, but they are a rarity.
Well, Marvel has now announced an audio version of the Marvel relaunch of Daredevil, with Daredevil #1 already available.
The panels are described by writer Mark Waid, while editor Tom Brennan voices Daredevil, Ellie Pyle plays Kirsten McDuffie, Jordan White plays Foggy Nelson and background voices, along with Steve Wacker. And you can hear the finished version below…
By the way, Waid has a fantastic voice for radio. He could be a very successful voiceover if he ever wanted to be.
UPDATE: Now with added sound effects and a music bed from Chris Martin, the Audio Phantom…
- Valiant’s X-O Manowar #2 Sends New Characters To War - April 26, 2017
- A Look Ahead At The Loud House Graphic Novel For Free Comic Book Day - April 26, 2017
- Valiant Validated Signature Series Returns For Secret Weapons #1 - April 26, 2017
- Rewriting The Nature Of Paradise Island In Wonder Woman, Today (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017
- Rewriting The Life Of Ted Kord, Blue Beetle, Today (SPOILERS) - April 26, 2017