I remember sitting in a Marvel panel a few years ago at a comic book convention when a blind fan asked about the possibilities of audiobook versions of certain comic books. He was met with blank stares, a lack of comprehension and an issue that, it seemed, had never been raised before.
Certainly there have been some great radio and audio adaptations of comic books down the line, from the Death Of Superman on BBC Radio 4, to a line of Judge Dredd, but they are a rarity.
Well, Marvel has now announced an audio version of the Marvel relaunch of Daredevil, with Daredevil #1 already available.
The panels are described by writer Mark Waid, while editor Tom Brennan voices Daredevil, Ellie Pyle plays Kirsten McDuffie, Jordan White plays Foggy Nelson and background voices, along with Steve Wacker. And you can hear the finished version below…
By the way, Waid has a fantastic voice for radio. He could be a very successful voiceover if he ever wanted to be.
UPDATE: Now with added sound effects and a music bed from Chris Martin, the Audio Phantom…
- Supergirl Season 4 to Debut TV’s First Transgender Superhero, Dreamer - July 21, 2018
- Preview: Shuri #1 from Marvel’s Next Big Thing Panel at SDCC - July 21, 2018
- The New Fantastic Four Big Bad Is… The Griever - July 21, 2018
- ComicsPRO Retailers React to Batman #50 Returnability - July 21, 2018
- Seth MacFarlane and Brannon Braga Making Books of Blood, a Clive Barker Horror Anthology TV Series for Hulu - July 21, 2018