I remember sitting in a Marvel panel a few years ago at a comic book convention when a blind fan asked about the possibilities of audiobook versions of certain comic books. He was met with blank stares, a lack of comprehension and an issue that, it seemed, had never been raised before.
Certainly there have been some great radio and audio adaptations of comic books down the line, from the Death Of Superman on BBC Radio 4, to a line of Judge Dredd, but they are a rarity.
Well, Marvel has now announced an audio version of the Marvel relaunch of Daredevil, with Daredevil #1 already available.
The panels are described by writer Mark Waid, while editor Tom Brennan voices Daredevil, Ellie Pyle plays Kirsten McDuffie, Jordan White plays Foggy Nelson and background voices, along with Steve Wacker. And you can hear the finished version below…
By the way, Waid has a fantastic voice for radio. He could be a very successful voiceover if he ever wanted to be.
UPDATE: Now with added sound effects and a music bed from Chris Martin, the Audio Phantom…
- DC Comics’ Reboot of Books Of Magic This Week - October 22, 2018
- First Review: The Green Lantern #1 by Grant Morrison and Liam Sharp – From 2000AD to Preacher? - October 22, 2018
- Valiant Entertainment to Publish ‘The Forgotten Queen’ - October 22, 2018
- Geoff Weber Adds Depth to The Scientists by Thinking Inside the Box - October 22, 2018
- Unboxing the Beatles Yellow Submarine Graphic Novel Special Gift Set from Titan Comics With My Dad - October 22, 2018