The Orlando Weekly’s best comic shop for five years in a row has been celebrating their win with a My Little Pony Party. Aaron and Tri Force Mike of A Comic Shop are excited about the relaunch in two weeks and their Midnight Release Party for Flashpoint and Justice League and look through the goodbye comics out tomorrow, including Flashpoint Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Legion Of Doom and The Outsider, all leading into Flashpoint #5. And second issues of Captain America and Daredevil, an on-time Venom, X-Men Schism, Ultimate Fallout, Walking Dead and the massive Invincible Compendium.
Weekly TOP PICKS: 8.17.2011
X-MEN SCHISM #3 (OF 5)
– JASON AARON!
When the badasses like Magneto, Colossus, and Emma Frost show up on the red carpet, sh!t is going to hit the fan. Not pictured: Namor: Marvel’s Aquaman, except he’s a badass everyone likes. Pictured: Ice-Man: the X-Men’s Aquaman, founding member that gets no respect, tagging along to feel important.
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #63
– TONY BEDARD!
FINAL ISSUE! Kyle gets deported back to Earth because BOTH Soranik and Stewart filed harassment and discrimination complaints against him.
– RICK REMENDER!
SPIDER ISLAND! If Flash Thompson got the powers of Man-Spider would he only have 6 legs?
– MARK WAID!
Waid’s brilliant new happy-go lucky Daredevil has to answer for his previous writers’ taking him through the ringer. Good thing Captain America’s here to beat a little Catholic guilt back into him.
CAPTAIN AMERICA #2
– ED BRUBAKER!
Steve thinks he can just steal some French dude’s girlfriend in WWII and it won’t come back to bite him in the ass, AND he’s hooking up with her niece now? #whytheyhateus
ULTIMATE COMICS FALLOUT #6 (OF 6) DOSM
– BRIAN BENDIS! NICK SPENCER! JONATHAN HICKMAN!
Is Aunt May going to be Miles Morales’ Madam Web?
FLASHPOINT WONDER WOMAN AND THE FURIES #3 (OF 3)
– ABNETT & LANNING! Diana shows Arthur exactly HOW you do erotic asphyxiation.
FLASHPOINT ABIN SUR THE GREEN LANTERN #3 (OF 3)
When a Manhunter jumps you, make sure you have your mace, and rape whistle!
FLASHPOINT LEGION OF DOOM #3 (OF 3)
Oz, the prison, with super powers. I need a Buddy Baker RIP tattoo!
FLASHPOINT THE OUTSIDER #3 (OF 3)
– JAMES ROBINSON! Martian Manhunter pulls another Bloodwynd. Watch out Outsider, he’s a shape shifter, Blackout can still be a real boy!
WALKING DEAD #88
Yo Rick, Carl’s asking for his mom. Go get your crazy phone so they can catch up! (Will the show ever be this dark?)
– ROBERT KIRKMAN!
The first nine volumes of invincible for $65. Try the OTHER series by Kirkman you should be reading.
- Marvel Comics to Relaunch Captain America #1 On the Fourth Of July, 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Can We Expect the Ta-Nehisi Coates Captain America News Next Week? - February 22, 2018
- The First of the Exclusive ComicsPRO Variants Hit eBay, from $10 to $50 - February 22, 2018
- Amazing Spider-Man #794 Goes to Third Printing - February 22, 2018
- DC Comics Makes Aquaman LED Signs for Comic Stores - February 22, 2018