The last time I saw a scoop at Think McFly Think that turned out to be bona fide, they were reporting on the casting of Richard Dreyfuss in Piranha 3D. Apologies anything I missed in the meantime… if there was anything.
Now, they’re back in EXCLUSIVE! mode and citing unanmed, secret sources in a story about incredible new plans at Warner Bros. for a Batman-Superman picture.
In a classic case of covering your ass, what we’re hearing is two separate incarnations are being tooled. One version where the World’s Greatest Detective is firmly established and helps mentor an up-and-coming, fresh-faced Supes and vice versa. Essentially, they’re hoping they can woo Christian Bale back into the cape-and-cowl for a fourth time and in case the Oscar-winner tells them, “No thanks, I’m done!”, they’ll go for a new actor altogether. Both versions would feature Henry Cavill’s Last Son of Krypton.
Who is covering which ass is not clear. I’m not yet convinced that this isn’t all just a big blast of hot air.
But you never know. You never know. Think McFly Think might not be the victims of a prank, and could be onto something big.
A Batman-Superman picture should be much easier to get together than a full-out Justice League and, to the world at large, that’s where the brand value is, and maybe with Wonder Woman. Maybe they should just cook up some supertrinity and be done with it.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014