This sculpture, the Blair Bridge Archway by famed sculptor Andrew Scott shows the change in life and industry in Coatbridge, Scotland, from the rural and industrial to the creation of superheroes, with Captain Coatbridge centre stage, inspired by the work of local writer Mark Millar.
Commissioned by the Monkland Canal Steering Group, Millar will officially unveil the new gateway on Friday alongside Councillor Jim Brooks of North Lanarkshire Council.
The project originated with artwork that local schoolchildren helped design with local artist Merlin Currie, and a proposal to the council before Andrew Scott#s workshop got involved. The event will take place at Blair Bridge on the Monkwell Canal in Coatbridge, starting at 10:30am and concluding at 11:30am on Friday 19th August.
Then at 11:31 Mark Millar will send the traditional tweet to Brian Bendis “I’ve got an archway and you haven’t, la la la..”
- Action Comics #1000 Exclusive Covers From Dan Jurgens, Curt Swan, Francesco Mattina and Tyler Kirkham - March 20, 2018
- Titans and Teen Titans End – What’s Next? - March 20, 2018
- A Sneak Peek at Brian Michael Bendis’s Script for Action Comics #1000 - March 20, 2018
- Chuck Dixon’s Batman Knightfall Recut Continues for 25th Anniversary - March 20, 2018
- The Actual Marvel Comics Solicits for June 2018 - March 20, 2018