So we learned that Tanarus is to replace Thor as God Of Thunder in Thor #8 by Matt Fraction and Pasqual Ferry.
But who is Tanarus?
Well, there is a Taranus, or Taranis, or Taranuos, Taranucnus, Taranucus or Taranoou.. A Celtic god of Thunder, worshipped by natives of the British Isles and Gaul. Indeed the Welsh verb to thunder is taranu and the noun, taran and in Irish, tarann.
The symbol most associated with him is the eight spoke chariot wheel, linked to the Celtic seasons of the year.
Of course this character could have a different mythological base. But the Thunder bit is a dead giveaway, isn’t it?
Will he get his R and N reversed by publication time, or will Marvel just leave it like that?
- The Aftermath of Universal FanCon’s “Postponement” - April 21, 2018
- Selling in a Showrooming World at Diamond Retailer Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 21, 2018
- ComiXology Bestseller List, 21st April 2018 – When My Little Pony Beats Up Weapon H - April 21, 2018
- How Much Are Those Retailer Exclusive Action Comics #1000 Covers Selling For? - April 21, 2018
- Main Street Marketing on a Shoestring Budget at Diamond Summit 2018 (VIDEO) - April 21, 2018