So we learned that Tanarus is to replace Thor as God Of Thunder in Thor #8 by Matt Fraction and Pasqual Ferry.
But who is Tanarus?
Well, there is a Taranus, or Taranis, or Taranuos, Taranucnus, Taranucus or Taranoou.. A Celtic god of Thunder, worshipped by natives of the British Isles and Gaul. Indeed the Welsh verb to thunder is taranu and the noun, taran and in Irish, tarann.
The symbol most associated with him is the eight spoke chariot wheel, linked to the Celtic seasons of the year.
Of course this character could have a different mythological base. But the Thunder bit is a dead giveaway, isn’t it?
Will he get his R and N reversed by publication time, or will Marvel just leave it like that?
- Separated at Bath: Rob Liefeld and the New Domino Annual - July 22, 2018
- How Many Times Can Marvel Exclusively Give Away the Same Exclusive Variant Cover at San Diego Comic-Con? - July 22, 2018
- Marvel True Believers Panel Previews Squirrel Girl, Marvel Rising, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Domino, Runaways, and Many More - July 22, 2018
- A Look Inside the Increasingly Late Mister Miracle at San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018
- Swag from the Marvel True Believers Panel at San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018