So we learned that Tanarus is to replace Thor as God Of Thunder in Thor #8 by Matt Fraction and Pasqual Ferry.
But who is Tanarus?
Well, there is a Taranus, or Taranis, or Taranuos, Taranucnus, Taranucus or Taranoou.. A Celtic god of Thunder, worshipped by natives of the British Isles and Gaul. Indeed the Welsh verb to thunder is taranu and the noun, taran and in Irish, tarann.
The symbol most associated with him is the eight spoke chariot wheel, linked to the Celtic seasons of the year.
Of course this character could have a different mythological base. But the Thunder bit is a dead giveaway, isn’t it?
Will he get his R and N reversed by publication time, or will Marvel just leave it like that?
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018
- What Happens if the Big Two Stop Publishing Comics? Find Out in This New Comic - January 20, 2018
- Comics Creator Mark Campos Has Died, Aged 55 - January 20, 2018
- African American Superhero Comics ‘YouNeek’ Get UK/European Bookstore Distribution Deal - January 20, 2018
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018