So we learned that Tanarus is to replace Thor as God Of Thunder in Thor #8 by Matt Fraction and Pasqual Ferry.
But who is Tanarus?
Well, there is a Taranus, or Taranis, or Taranuos, Taranucnus, Taranucus or Taranoou.. A Celtic god of Thunder, worshipped by natives of the British Isles and Gaul. Indeed the Welsh verb to thunder is taranu and the noun, taran and in Irish, tarann.
The symbol most associated with him is the eight spoke chariot wheel, linked to the Celtic seasons of the year.
Of course this character could have a different mythological base. But the Thunder bit is a dead giveaway, isn’t it?
Will he get his R and N reversed by publication time, or will Marvel just leave it like that?
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who – Rosa - October 21, 2018
- Rosa – The First Doctor Who to Make Me Cry Since Father’s Day - October 21, 2018
- Trailer for Next Week’s Doctor Who: Arachnids In The UK - October 21, 2018
- Rick & Morty Exclusives From MCM London Comic Con - October 21, 2018
- Donny Cates Delighted by Funko Exclusives at MCM London Comic Con Next Weekend - October 21, 2018