I’m at the very first presentation of Empire Big Screen, unveiling the Star Wars Blu-ray package. The room is decorated with Panasonic boxes and POS advertising that Star Wars is now “on Blu-ay with selected Panasonic award winning Blu-ray products.”
The man from Panasonic has just told us that “from now”, people who purchase Panasonic kit will get the first Star Wars trilogy, parts 4,5 and 6 as part of the package. Not early, though – if you buy between now and release, you’ll get your discs on release day.
But when is release day? The posters say September 12th but we’ve just been played a new and “exclusive” trailer that said September 16th. Why? Because it’s a US trailer. We still get it on the 12th.
Incidentally, that trailer was shown on a 103 inch screen and it looked good… despite being in the wrong aspect ratio, something like 14:9 rather than cinemascope.
More to follow…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014