The man in the T-shirt is DC Comics Executive Vice President of Sales, John Rood. Wearing a slightly inappropriate Low Wage Puppet T-shirt, considering his status in the company, generous remuneration, firts class flights and sitting in expensive seats. Maybe it’s irony. Maybe it’s the $2.99 comics cutting in. Anyway, I do like the man.
But for a man who is Exec VP of Sales, shouldn’t he have been wearing a new Justice League shirt?
Anyway, John was the subject of some attention at a baseball match recently at Yankee Stadium where Los Angeles Angels outfielder Torii Hunter, nicknamed Spider-Man for his penchant for climbing walls when making a save, was playing.
In this case however, John Rood, DC EVP, had dropped his sunglasses. And offered Torii a dollar tip for picking them up and returning them to him in the stand.
Torii decided he didn’t need it… after all, when does Spider-Man take a reward for his do gooding?
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018