The man in the T-shirt is DC Comics Executive Vice President of Sales, John Rood. Wearing a slightly inappropriate Low Wage Puppet T-shirt, considering his status in the company, generous remuneration, firts class flights and sitting in expensive seats. Maybe it’s irony. Maybe it’s the $2.99 comics cutting in. Anyway, I do like the man.
But for a man who is Exec VP of Sales, shouldn’t he have been wearing a new Justice League shirt?
Anyway, John was the subject of some attention at a baseball match recently at Yankee Stadium where Los Angeles Angels outfielder Torii Hunter, nicknamed Spider-Man for his penchant for climbing walls when making a save, was playing.
In this case however, John Rood, DC EVP, had dropped his sunglasses. And offered Torii a dollar tip for picking them up and returning them to him in the stand.
Torii decided he didn’t need it… after all, when does Spider-Man take a reward for his do gooding?
- Let’s All Watch Frank Miller And Klaus Janson Talk Will Eisner For Over An Hour - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017