Scott Lobdell, upcoming writer of Red Hood And The Outlaws, Superboy and Teen Titans, writes for Bleeding Cool;
There has been a lot of talk recently about Women In Comics… but what is even more exciting is seeing what some of these incredibly talented women do outside of comics.
Today I am thinking of one woman in particular. Alex De Campi (known for her run on IDW’s Smoke, as well as her brilliant and way-ahead-of-its time distribution of her Valentine series). While she is a young and vibrant comic book writer without peer, she is also an accomplished director of music videos and short films.
To quote the press around her latest release;
Glen Duncan wrote a book and called it The Last Werewolf. Stephen Coates/The Real Tuesday Weld wrote a soundtrack to that book. Then Stephen gave one of the songs to Alex de Campi to inspire a new film. And this is it.
This video pretty much represents the limits of what one person can do in her mom’s garage with no money. A solitary month building sets; four days filming (in 103 degree heat) with the invaluable assistance of cinematographer Nolan Maloney, 1st AC John Hubbard and grips Dan Politz and Katy Cecchetti. Then another month in post. And now it appears, to be a momentary distraction on the internet before it is instantly buried in an avalanche of newer things.
Puppets created by Liesje Kraai; without her, we are nothing.
Seriously, check it out! It is like a comic book on film!
Then keep an eye out for future comic books by the extremely talented Alex! I’m confident the rest of the comic book industry is going to have many more opportunities to appreciate Alex and her writing in the coming year…
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018