Image by Nyisha Haynes.
I remember totally blagging my way into the Avengers panel last year at San Diego. Anyway, the place was already packed, and Joss Whedon did his usual trick of taking the stage for a while and a couple of minutes in, realising that he’d forgotten some people. At which point Robert Downey Jr, Samuel Jackson, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Scarlet Johannson, Mark Ruffalo and all their friends walked on. Then, even Nathan Fillion got in on the action.
This year at San Diego… not so much.
Looks like they were saving it all for their owners, Disney. At the D23 Anaheim convention next week;
On Saturday, August 20, Marvel Studios President, Production, Kevin Feige joins Rich Ross, Chairman, The Walt Disney Studios; Sean Bailey, President, production, The Walt Disney Studios; and John Lasseter, Chief Creative Officer, Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios on stage at the D23 Arena for the Expo’s Walt Disney Studios presentation. Feige, will be on hand along with an awesome assemblage of cast members from “Marvel’s The Avengers.”
There we go. Oh and there’s something on the Sunday as well.
But that’s not all, True Believers! On Sunday, August 21, Marvel Chief Creative Officer Joe Quesada brings you inside the House of Ideas with a very special Marvel presentation and Q&A that provides a behind-the-scenes look at Marvel and its iconic super heroes. Join him for an exclusive and unprecedented experience that will take you through the evolution of Marvel from its first comic book in 1939 to its current position as one of the most important creative forces in the world.
Something tells me more people at D23 will be there for the Saturday than the Sunday show.
SO, um… are you going?
- Free Comic Book Day Event Cancelled In Florida Because It Wouldn’t Mix Well With The Art Crowd… - April 29, 2017
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017