The website for Rick Olney‘s latest attempt to slither his way back into the comic industry, the remotely located Adirondack ComicFest, is continuing to list attending guests. It’s a small line up so far, but some recognisable names.
The convention is timed to run on Veteran’s Day weekend and ties into a number of Veteran events, which seems a little bit of a disconnect, those who served and their families with those dressed up as Spider-Man.
So who is lined up?
- Mort Todd, ex-Marvel editor and editor of Cracked.
- Dave Ryan of War of the Independents and Xena.
- Classic Marvel artist Arvell M Jones
- Ben Dunn of Antarctic Press
- Dave Hoover of Starman.
- Clayton D. Murwin, Michael Keller, and Valerie Finnegan
- Actor Nick Jones, tagged as John Stewart in Green Lantern movies.
- Wrestler Tyler Mane, who played Sabretooth in X-Men.
- Matt Reynolds, a young horror artist.
So I contacted them, to ask if they were actually still attending.
- I heard from Nick Jones, who is attending as a spokesman for a graphic novel he’s promoting. He’s aware of Rick’s past but wants to give him a second chance.
- However, Dave Ryan is no longer going after discovering Rick Olney’s rich history.
- Neither is Dave Hoover.
- Ben Dunn is contacting Rick with concerned questions.
- Mort Todd thought it all sounded too good to be true and is off to Google.
- Clayton D. Murwin has his own controversial history when it comes to putting on comic book events to celebrate fallen American soldiers but seems an honourable type. He is attending because he gave his word to Rick that he would. Michael Keller, soldier and artist is associated with Clayton. Valerie Finnegan has worked for Clayton D Murwin. I understand there may be legal issues over their attendance.
- This was echoed by Matt Reynolds who has admitted to having signed a contract with Rick Olney… and now wishes he hadn’t.
Of course Olney is famous for his contracts…