Previously published by Checker, but out of print for some time, it seems that IDW has snapped up the rights to publish the complete Steve Canyon newspaper strip run by Milton Caniff, starting in January, as part of their Library Of American Comics, imprint alongside the likes of Bloom County, Archie and Terry And The Pirates.
Taken from Caniff’s personal set of syndicate proofs, the first volume of these classic actiuon adventure strips will take strips from 1947 to 1948. Here’s the solicitation;
The horizons are unlimited after World War II when Steve Canyon assembles a flight crew of veterans for his new air-transport business. Action flies high as Canyon and his men befriend Happy Easter, cross swords with the hirsute Herr Splitz, and match wits with Chief Izm. The Caniff women are also on display, as Canyon meets the steely yet sexy “Copper” Calhoun; the beautiful schemer, Delta; that modern-day Mata Hari, Madame Lynx; Dr. Deen Wilderness, who is as capable as she is lovely; plus Captain Shark, Convoy, and the footloose Fancy. The Library of American Comics launches this highly-awaited reprinting by collecting every daily and full-color Sunday from 1947 to 1948 in a single hardcover volume. There’s excitement, humor, lovely women, and wonderful art in the exciting Caniff style!
- The Doomsday Clock #1 Retailer Exclusive Variant You’ll Never See - November 21, 2017
- Marvel Comics Solicits For February 2018: X-Men Is Red, Doctor Strange Has Damnation, And Star Wars Has Been Thrawn - November 21, 2017
- Con Man: Arkansas Convention Organizer Allegedly Took Money And Ran - November 21, 2017
- Another Take On Doomsday Clock #1’s November 22nd Opening Date From Watchmen - November 21, 2017
- Brian Walton And Luke Y Thompson, Both Gone From Wizard World - November 21, 2017