Khandie Khisses writes, dances and lives for Bleeding Cool. We sent her and Bleeding Cool reporter Ben Mortimer on a date to Batman Live! last weekend. We ran Ben’s report last week. Now here comes Khandie’s…
I am a Batman fan in as much as I love Christian Bale in that rubbery suit. So the prospect of watching/perving on another man in rubber fly about an arena got my vote. Hey what can I say…I am shallow.
The show was impressive at times with a fantastic use of mix mediums to tell the story. I was however bored at times with the long dialogue at the start especially as the scene was set. I cant help but think that it seemed lost in such a huge arena. Or could it be the constant squeals of excited fans had deafened me slightly (I was one of them).
As a burlesque performer my eye was instantly drawn to the costuming (once I got over the hunk of rubber of Bat meat) and considering how much money had clearly gone into this production I could help but notice how lacking some of the costuming was. One being Catwoman’s. Instead of that sleek shiny almost latex number she seems to wear in the comics, this costume seemed rather large on her butt and not very sexy. The actress however was very sexy in her very fluid cat mimicking movements. Svelte saucepot!
I liked what I saw but for me it seemed other characters were holding the show together at times. Harley Quinn practically stole the show for me if it wasn’t for the amazing circus performers (from Circus Space I believe). Their movements were sensational and received a lot of praise. Their aerial work almost belittled the somewhat comical Matrix style fight scenes between Catwoman and Batman.
The whole production went through peaks and troughs for me. At times I was in awe and other times checking out my Twitter updates.
All in all a production for the die hard fan but I think I will stick to the comic book.
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017