Security at San Diego Comic Con is generally tight. Lots of security guards, plenty of eyes, stealing work is hard, if not impossible.
But one would have though that original artwork would be safer at, say, San Diego Zoo. Apparently not.
The car of Astro City artist Brent Anderson was broken into at the San Diego Zoo today and large stacks of his original artwork was stolen. Two hundre pages in all, totalling five figures.
Buyers and dealers are asked to look out for anyone selling original art in large chunks from Astro City, Green Lantern and Rising Stars. Possibly covered in hair and making strange grunting noises. Although that might not differentiate them much…
The stolen art includes;
50 pages from Astro City Vols. 1 & 2 & Local Heroes;
Astro City: Dark Age Books 1 (#s 1-4), 2 (#s 1-4) & 3 (#s 1-4) (50 pages).
Green Lantern: Legacy approx. 45 pages between pages 1-45;
Green Lantern Silver Age Special (approx. 4 pages);
GL/Plastic Man team-up special (approx. 8 pages);
Rising Stars #s 15-24 (approx. 48 pages)”
- Green Lanterns #40 – “No Politics, No Complications” - January 23, 2018
- Showrunner of Lucifer Teams with Lucifer Artist for Skyward from Image Comics - January 23, 2018
- Now You Can Buy Star Wars Porg Sneakers – but Are They Made from Porgs? We Find Out - January 23, 2018
- Northguard Season 2 #1 and #2 Both Published Tomorrow – Here’s a Preview of Both - January 23, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Telepathetic #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 23, 2018