Security at San Diego Comic Con is generally tight. Lots of security guards, plenty of eyes, stealing work is hard, if not impossible.
But one would have though that original artwork would be safer at, say, San Diego Zoo. Apparently not.
The car of Astro City artist Brent Anderson was broken into at the San Diego Zoo today and large stacks of his original artwork was stolen. Two hundre pages in all, totalling five figures.
Buyers and dealers are asked to look out for anyone selling original art in large chunks from Astro City, Green Lantern and Rising Stars. Possibly covered in hair and making strange grunting noises. Although that might not differentiate them much…
The stolen art includes;
50 pages from Astro City Vols. 1 & 2 & Local Heroes;
Astro City: Dark Age Books 1 (#s 1-4), 2 (#s 1-4) & 3 (#s 1-4) (50 pages).
Green Lantern: Legacy approx. 45 pages between pages 1-45;
Green Lantern Silver Age Special (approx. 4 pages);
GL/Plastic Man team-up special (approx. 8 pages);
Rising Stars #s 15-24 (approx. 48 pages)”
- Doctor Who Comics In April, From Titan Comics, Leads With A Ghost Spinoff From The Christmas Special - January 20, 2017
- Comic Folk React To… The Inauguration Of President Trump - January 20, 2017
- Need A Break from The Inauguration? Catch Up With Con Man Season 2 - January 20, 2017
- Did You Notice It’s Inauguration Day? This Week’s Comic Books Did… - January 20, 2017
- Black Panther & The Crew To Become Marvel’s Third Black Panther Monthly Comic - January 20, 2017