Mark updates: Colleen Doran has posted a correction in response to this story. See also more art and info on Gone to Amerikay on her blog. Bleeding Cool apologizes for the error.
Gone to Amerikay is a story about Irish immigration. The cover was shown for the first time at San Diego Comic Con. And here it is.
Here’s what Derek posted on his FB page about the announcement at San Diego Comic Con:
I gave my summary of the book which, as I recall, was something like “It’s a story about people emigrating to America from Ireland over the course of 140 years. It’s a great big historical epic with a crime story and a ghost story and a couple of love stories and all kinds of things in it.” Then I said I hoped the marketing guy down at the end of the table would summarize phrase that more pithily sometime soon.
And then announced Colleen Doran And Derek McCulloch’s new original graphic novel, Coming To Amerikay.
Greg Espinoza who has seen pages describes it as a comic that “perfectly lays out how much piracy can hurt the artist” and that “it’s breathtakingly gorgeous work.”
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017