IDW, publishers of 30 Days Of Night, and promising that anyone who hands in a copy of a Twilight novel at their booth (#2643) at San Diego Comic Con will get a free 30 Days Of Night graphic novel.
There has been much mocking of the Twilight franchise created by Stephanie Myers, by other vampire fiction fans who see Twilight‘s “sparkly vampires” as everything that’s wrong with modern horror. Especially considering that Twilight dares to sell more than anything else around it.
30 Days Of Night co-creator Steve Niles is quoted as saying “Real horror fans have watched vampires systematically turned into wimpy fodder for years now. It’s time to fight back. I’m happy to be working with IDW on the Sparkles for Blood event. Hopefully, working together we can put an end to this nightmare.”
30 Days Of Night was also made into a film, but not as a commercially successfully as Twilight.
And IDW’s director of retail marketing, Dirk Wood, is quoted as saying “We may need a forklift at the end of the show, for all the Twilight books. But it will be worth it. It’s time to start scaring people again.”
Of course, what may be even scarier is hordes of Twilight fans so incensed by this promotion that they raze IDW’s booth space to the ground. After the panel on Thursday morning that is, they do have priorities…
- Let’s All Watch Frank Miller And Klaus Janson Talk Will Eisner For Over An Hour - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017