IDW, publishers of 30 Days Of Night, and promising that anyone who hands in a copy of a Twilight novel at their booth (#2643) at San Diego Comic Con will get a free 30 Days Of Night graphic novel.
There has been much mocking of the Twilight franchise created by Stephanie Myers, by other vampire fiction fans who see Twilight‘s “sparkly vampires” as everything that’s wrong with modern horror. Especially considering that Twilight dares to sell more than anything else around it.
30 Days Of Night co-creator Steve Niles is quoted as saying “Real horror fans have watched vampires systematically turned into wimpy fodder for years now. It’s time to fight back. I’m happy to be working with IDW on the Sparkles for Blood event. Hopefully, working together we can put an end to this nightmare.”
30 Days Of Night was also made into a film, but not as a commercially successfully as Twilight.
And IDW’s director of retail marketing, Dirk Wood, is quoted as saying “We may need a forklift at the end of the show, for all the Twilight books. But it will be worth it. It’s time to start scaring people again.”
Of course, what may be even scarier is hordes of Twilight fans so incensed by this promotion that they raze IDW’s booth space to the ground. After the panel on Thursday morning that is, they do have priorities…
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018
- All of DC Comics Reboots Are Still Happening, Even Elongated Man’s Identity Crisis Face (Super Sons #12 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Is Avengers: No Surrender a Flipped Version of Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars? (Avengers #676 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018