IDW, publishers of 30 Days Of Night, and promising that anyone who hands in a copy of a Twilight novel at their booth (#2643) at San Diego Comic Con will get a free 30 Days Of Night graphic novel.
There has been much mocking of the Twilight franchise created by Stephanie Myers, by other vampire fiction fans who see Twilight‘s “sparkly vampires” as everything that’s wrong with modern horror. Especially considering that Twilight dares to sell more than anything else around it.
30 Days Of Night co-creator Steve Niles is quoted as saying “Real horror fans have watched vampires systematically turned into wimpy fodder for years now. It’s time to fight back. I’m happy to be working with IDW on the Sparkles for Blood event. Hopefully, working together we can put an end to this nightmare.”
30 Days Of Night was also made into a film, but not as a commercially successfully as Twilight.
And IDW’s director of retail marketing, Dirk Wood, is quoted as saying “We may need a forklift at the end of the show, for all the Twilight books. But it will be worth it. It’s time to start scaring people again.”
Of course, what may be even scarier is hordes of Twilight fans so incensed by this promotion that they raze IDW’s booth space to the ground. After the panel on Thursday morning that is, they do have priorities…
- Jim Starlin And Alan Davis’s Thanos: The Infinity Siblings OGN Will Be First In A Trilogy - July 28, 2017
- Frazer Irving, London Film And Comic Con And Doctor Endless - July 28, 2017
- Brian Herbert Adapting Dune Into A Three Part “Faithful” Graphic Novel – With More To Come - July 28, 2017
- The Look Of London Film And Comic-Con From The Upper Gallery - July 28, 2017
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017