There’s already some hubbub about the possibility of Andy Serkis winning an Oscar for his performance-capture portrayal of Caesar the chimp, star of The Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It would be a nice recognition of performance capture actors, though possibly a slap in the face of the various animators who make up the “other part” of the performance.
Still, Caesar looks like a fascinating character, and the more we see of him just interacting with other characters in the film, the more I want to see. If they can pull off scenes of all-simian interaction, free of dialogue and still full in character and understanding, I’ll be most, most impressed indeed.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014