One of the tracks from the Beastie Boys‘ recent album Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 is to get blessed with a Spike Jonze promo video in two different edits. Pitchfork quote the Beasties as describing the longer version of Don’t Play No Game That I Can’t Win as “epic length”, while the short one… well, they just make do with short.
Judging from the teaser image, which I’ve included above, and the promise of an “explicit action adventure spectacular” featuring “action figures”, I’d say Jonze is heading into Marwencol territory.
If you haven’t seen the superb documentary Marwencol, or heard of Mark Hogancamp and his miniature town of action figures at war, here’s a trailer that will show you what I mean by my comparison.
If Jonze and his cast of action figures bring us a story one half as good as Hogancamp has with his inanimate tableau, then this will be a stunning promo.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014